Friends Helping Friends
We all need help with things, and we can all find ways to help each other. This is truer than ever in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. And it’s harder to ask for and offer help when we don’t see each other face-to-face.
Friends Meeting wants to help. Ministry and Oversight Committee has agreed to connect Friends who need help with Friends who have help to give.
- This isn’t charity; it’s community.
- It isn’t a one-way street, because everyone has something to give as well as something they need
Maybe you need help with shopping, but you are able to provide a listening ear. Maybe you need someone to talk to but are good at finding people who can do repairs, minor tasks, or other service providers. Let our FHF Coordinator match needs with resources.
Fill out one or both of the following forms:
Things I Need
Ways I Can Help
Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form to send your information to our FHF Coordinator. We will keep your information private, except for matching you with a helper or a helpee.
A couple of ground rules:
- We expect Friends who request shopping or pickup to cover the cost of supplies they request. If you cannot pay, please get in touch with Ministry and Oversight for a potential loan or other arrangement
- If you consider your request too sensitive to be shared on our forms, you may speak to a member of the Ministry and Oversight team, or request help personally of any Friend you choose.
- If a Friend requests something that is beyond your capabilities or willingness, there is no shame in saying “I’ll have to see if someone else can do that.”