City of San Antonio, Bexar County, San Antonio Food Bank partner to open bottled water distribution sites Saturday
Thirteen sites will open Saturday, February 20, 2021
SAN ANTONIO (February 20, 2021) — The City of San Antonio, Bexar County and San Antonio Food Bank will open a total of 13 bottled water distribution sites beginning today, February 20, 2021. The sites will remain open for two weeks. Residents will be able to pick up one case of bottled water per day per household.
The bottled water distribution sites will open at 1 p.m. on Saturday through 5 p.m., or until supplies last. On Sunday, the hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The sites will remain open through March 6.
Bottled Water Distribution Sites (1 – 5 p.m. Saturday; 8 – 5 p.m. Sunday)
- Wheatley Heights Sports Complex – 200 Noblewood Dr.
- Brooks – Challenger Dr. @ Research Place
- Texas A&M University – San Antonio – Main Campus – One University Way
- Port San Antonio – 907 Billy Mitchell Blvd
- SeaWorld San Antonio/Aquatica – 10500 Sea World Drive
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 17000 IH 10 West
- Food Bank – 5200 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy
- Our Lady of the Lake University — 411 SW 24th St
- Community Bible Church – 2477 N Loop 1604 E
- Heroes Stadium – 4799 Thousand Oaks Dr.
- Rolling Oaks Mall — 6909 N Loop 1604 E
- Bullis County Park – 27583 Old Blanco Rd
- Julius Matthey Middle School – 20350 Red Forest Ln
The locations were selected to be within the closest proximity to areas that are still facing water outages.
Volunteers are needed to help staff the distribution sites. Volunteer shifts are available Monday, February 22nd through Friday, February 26th from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Volunteers will assist with loading cases of water into vehicles and provide instructions at the distribution sites. The entire shift will be outdoors, and volunteers must be able to lift 20 pounds. Shift leaders are also needed to serve as an on-site contact for volunteers.
To volunteer, please register here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050F4CACA82BA3FA7-bottled.
The City will also provide bottled water delivery to homebound seniors, San Antonio Housing Authority properties without water, nursing homes, boarding homes, some dialysis facilities and residents with medical needs. These locations have been identified and coordinated with partner agencies. Delivery availability is limited but can be requested by calling 311.
The sites will abide by COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing masks and practicing physical distancing.