Query for November
How can I simplify my life so that I can live more sustaiably?
Friends Meeting Calendar
Click an event to see details.
(It will take you to a new page.
Scroll down to see the info.)
All times are Central Time
Forum on "Our Shared Intent", led by Gary Whiting
July 24, 2022
Any question of any depth goes to the basic seeking of our Society. Here are some questions we might ask ourselves.
- “Is there a truth which we all share in, that is redemptive and gives guidance?”
- “How is that truth best described or characterized, to help make it more accessible?”
- “If that truth is found within each of us (our basic premise), how do we know it is true rather than a personal fantasy?”
- “How do I deepen my daily participation in that truth, and what is it to grow in such a fashion?”
- “And most importantly, how has that truth shown itself to me in my life, and can I find a way to share that in Meeting?
Gary Whiting will facilitate our conversation on these issues.
Other Groups that Use our Meetinghouse:
|(open to all except as noted; click links for information)|
|Mondays||6:30-9:30pm||Insight Meditation — Yellow Dog Sangha|
|Tuesdays||6:30-8:30pm||Plum Branch Sangha|
|Wednesdays||7:30-8:30pm||Celebration Circle: Meditation Circle|
|2-3 meetings per month||various||Reformed Congregation of the Goddess
(click link for information about attendance)